Paccheri with red and yellow peppers, rigatino di cinta senese (bacon), and taleggio cheese.
- 320g Paccheri (pasta)
- 4 Orogel red and yellow peppers halves
- 100g Rigatino di Cinta Senese (bacon), thickly diced
- 100g Taleggio, in small cubes
- 2 tbsp grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 Orogel cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- a sprig of fresh mint
- salt and pepper
Cook the paccheri in abundant salted boiling water. Slice the peppers into small dices.
Slice the bacon in dices (the same size of the peppers). Heat some extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan, add the cloves of garlic and the bacon..
Lightly brown and add the peppers. Sauté for a couple of minutes until completely cooked.
Add the Taleggio cubes and gently mix the ingredients. Season, to taste with salt and pepper. Drain the past and pour it into the pan with the sauce, sauté and at the very end add the grated Parmigiano cheese and chopped mint.
Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and decorate with mint leaves.